From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 2:50 PM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: No Such File Error on Simple Scrape

When I execute the script below, I get the error message "No such file
or
directory at simple2.pl line 21."  Line 21 is the Open OUT statement.
This script parallels a tutorial script that does work and I don't see
the
error.  It does print to the screen if I comment out the Open OUT line.

Thanks in advance.

<snip>

open OUT, ">output_dir/simple2.html" or die "Can't open file: $!";

<snip>