Hi all,

I've inherited a bunch of scripts that am spending lots of time debugging and
tracing, changing etc. Part of the task also is to have the same modified in
some way so that I can use it for both UNIX and Windows.

Lots of these scripts have system "<UNIX COMMAND>" on them which of course I
can't run on Windows. Can anyone suggest how to get around this? Or any white
papers on how to do this?

I will be interested to know if there is a white paper of sort that discuss how
to write a Perl script with the intention of wanting to use that script for
both UNIX and Windows with the most minimal changes of sort if there will be
some changes required.

Any response or advise will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance ...