> > Get in the habit of using strict and warnings -- 'use warnings' is
> > subtly different from 'perl -w' and you should start good habits
> > early.  Upgrade if you are using an ancient version of Perl that does
> > not come with warnings.
> >
> So would it be a conflict to use both "-w" and "strict"?
>
> Danny

-w and strict would not be a conflict.

The precise behavior for simultaneous "-w" and "use warnings;" is not
clear in my mind.  They are very similar in what they provide -- the
'warnings' pragma is finer controlled than the -w option, and has
different scope.  It would behoove you to read perldoc perllexwarn.