On 6/6/06, Lakshmi Sailaja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can I include a korn shell script in a perl program?

Not include, but you certainly can execute a shell script from within
a Perl program.

I have done the following but I get a compilation failed error.
abc is the ksh script.
require "/home/xxx/yyy/abc";

'require' is to load *Perl* modules - your script as you said is for
ksh. Even though Perl has a lot of the natural feeling of shell
scripts, it does not parse shell scripting language. Many scripts may
be translated to Perl with little additional work (possibly adding a
bunch of quotes and colons).

You may try something like

        system "/home/xxx/yyy/abc";