On Jun 11, 2006, at 11:16, OROSZI Balázs wrote:

Chad Perrin wrote:
On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 10:53:30PM +0200, OROSZI Balázs wrote:
Makefiles are for installing modules, not for using them.  If you use
the CPAN module management that is provided with common Perl
distributions, you shouldn't have to deal with makefiles even for
installation, unless you wrote the module yourself and are packaging it
for CPAN.

It seems this is REALLY not what I want :)
Now I'm currently using "do $file" and it is working fine. Maybe one day I'll do it better, but for now it is ok for me.

You seem to have some misconception about modules.

That do-based approach is very similar to the suggested solution indeed, see perldoc -q require.

-- fxn