"Glaessl,> I have a OOP problem. I wrote a script that forks several child
"Glaessl,> processes that in turn create instances of the same class:

The DESTROY is being executed in both the parent and child.  There's
really no way around that... because you are indeed destroying the
object in both the parent and the child. :)