Dan wrote:
LWP or HTTP::Client?
i've used both and run across..some problems. [...]
i need the most reliable to fetch the feed, and pass me the body of the page so i can pass it to an xml parser of sort.

unless there's something else which can already do that? [...]

Hi Dan.

I've played with LWP before, and it worked okay.

Another option is to use the lynx web browser to fetch the page source. As far as I know, lynx cannot parse XML, so you'd have to use a separate XML parser after fetching the page with lynx.

More options for fetching pages are curl (the module) and curl (the program).

Foremost among the XML parsers is XML::Parser; however, CPAN has many XML parsing modules.