Hello,

I have a quite common problem : portability :(
I wrote a Perl script that works perfectly under Linux with Perl 5.8.8. Very
confident, I try to run it under Windows with the lastest release of
ActivePerl, and all required modules. But annoyances come quickly :(
Perl returns me an error message : "cannot use initialized value in null
operation". My first idea about the problem was the utilisation of the fork()
primitive : I know it presents some limitations under Windows. But after
reading the fork() information page of ActivePerl, it seems I'm not concerned
by these limitations.
I learned, by reading the previous documentation, that ActivePerl uses threads
to emulate posix fork(). I use DBI for my script, and it seems DBI is not
really thread-safe, or at least, it may bring problems. But this is only an
hypothetical reason.

If somebody has skill about such problems, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mickael