On Jul 18, 2006, at 9:08 AM, Jerry DuVal wrote:

I can talk btwn the client and server with no problem, but I want to send a
file over the TCP socket connection. Does any one have any examples?

The file is just data, which I'm assuming you can open and read. Since you can also write to the socket you just need to open the file and spin through it writing each line out to the socket. You'll probably need to signal the other end that you're about to send a file and also signal it when you're done. The receiving end will just need to write out each line to a file handle as it receives it.

Depending on how critical this app is you might want to look into how ftp does it (I'm assuming that you can't just use ftp or scp for some reason). Google for 'ftp protocol' to get tons of docs, or read rfc 959.

I think you should take a crack at writing some code and then post back with some more specific problems if you encounter them.

Peter Cornelius
Sr. Software Engineer
LiveOps (http://liveops.com)