On 07/26/2006 02:44 PM, BW wrote:
I'm not sure that I was completely clear on my
description.  As I go through the Dumper output, I
have a different name/entry for each occurence of the
{changing element name} element.  I'm looking for
recommendations regarding how to handle such
occurrences. [...]

You handle them the way you'd handle any hash reference. You iterate over the keys:

use strict;
use warnings;

my $xml = new XML::VeryComplex (KeyAttr=>[]);
my $data = $xml->XMLin(join '',<DATA>);

my $variable = $data->{dataschema}{attributes}{attribute};
print "attribute:\n";
foreach my $key (keys %$variable) {
    print qq{   $key => "$variable->{$key}"\n};
}

exit;

package XML::VeryComplex;
use base 'XML::Simple';

package main;
__DATA__
<dataschemas>
  <dataschema name="defaultDB">
    <includes>
      <include name="Base Metadata"/>
      <include name="Extracted Re-Map"/>
    </includes>
    <attributes>
      <attribute category="" parser="TextParser"
extract="true" segmentation="soft"/>
    </attributes>
  </dataschema>
</dataschemas>