On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Dr.Ruud wrote:

> "Dennis G. Wicks" schreef:
>
> > Apache requires the shebang line for cgi
> > scripts and it must point to perl.
>
> Unless you tell Apache to not look at the shebang.
>
> Open your httpd.conf file and uncomment the line that reads
> ScriptInterpreterSource registry

Thank you for informing me of yet another obscure config
option of Apache! There are so many of them. (That is not
in any *.conf file that I have seen so far.)

> All this has nothing to do with Perl.

Only that it has to do with getting perl programs to run on
windows, which is neither as straight-forward nor as simple
as one would hope that it was!

Thanks,
Dennis