Sure, I do it all the time.  Download and install ActiveState's Perl
distribution:

www.activestate.com

You will, however, have to watch out for OS-specific issues such as any
file-related operations.  You can avoid problems if you write your code
to be portable.  For example, I have several clean-up scripts running on
various Linux and Win32 boxen; the File::Find module has saved me the
trouble of writing extra/messy code.

ry