I have a program which I am working on which has several different
packages. One of these packages, FluxDB.pm, creates an array of hashes
called @users. Each element is a hash containing (among other things)
username and uid (primary key from the DB this is generated out of).

In another package, Qmgr.pm, I need to do several things with this
array. first I need to add a couple of new hash elements which are
arrays, and then I need to access those arrays for both read and write
access. So far I have something like this, but it isn't working. Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

in Qmgr.pm

foreach my $user (@FluxDB::users) {
       # $user should be a regular hash here, correct?
       $user{'foo'} = ();
       $user{'bar'} = ();
}

Any help would be much appreciated!