On 31 Aug 2006 07:44:51 -0000, neela madhab patro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One of my scripy (involves GDBM file operations) dumped core.I have the
core file, but no idea what can I glean from that.

The core file is useful if you're debugging perl itself, but generally
not useful for debugging your Perl programs. So just fix the bugs in
your script, and you can discard any core files you get along the way.
If you find out what you're doing that causes the core dump, though,
you could file a bug report via perlbug; perl's not supposed to dump
core under normal circumstances. Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training