Hello

I do not have my perl books with me and so I cannot diagnose the error I am getting with several if statements. Could someone assist?

Here is the code:

#! /bin/perl

#
# Create the files to delete list file
#

#
# Find all the files
#
print "Extracting files in directory";

@file_list = `dir c:/s`;

#
# Build the list of directories and files
#

$temp_index = 0;

$file_index = 0;

$directory_index = 0;

$dir_list_size = scalar(file_list);

while ($temp_index lt $dir_list_size)
{

   chomp file_list(temp_index);

   $parse_line = split($temp_index);

   $file_read = 0;

   #
   # Determine if this is a directory and if so add it to the
   # directory array and increment the index
   #
   if ($parse_line[0] == "Directory")
   {
      $directory_list = $parse_line[1];
      $directory_index =$directory_index + 1;

   }
   else
   {
      $actual_files[file_index] = $parse_line[0];
      $file_size[file_index] = $parse_line[5];
      $file_deleted[file_index] = 0;

      $file_index = $file_index + 1;

   }

   $temp_index = $temp_index + 1;
}

$number_files = scalar(@actual_files);

#
# Loop through the list of files
#
$file_index = 0;
while ($file_index < $number_of_files)
{

    $file_read = 0;

    #
    # Is the file marked as one to be deleted
    #
    if (file_deleted[compare_index] == 0)
    {
       duplicate_index = file_index + 1;

       while (duplicate_index < $number_of_files)

       {
           if (file_size[file_index] ==
               file_size[duplicate_index])
           {
              #
              # Read the file if we need to
              #
              if (file_read == 0)
              {
                 #
                 # Mark the file as read to avoid reading it again
                 file_read = 1;
              }

              #
              # Compare the file
              #
              if (main_file == possible_file)
              {
                 #
                 # File is the same delete it
                 #

                 #
                 # Build the file name to delete
                 #
                 $delete_file_name == $directory[actual_file[duplicate_index].

                 $actual_file[duplicate_index];
                 #
                 # Remove the file
                 #
                 # system(delete $delete_file_name);

                 file_deleted[duplicate_index] =1;

$number_files = scalar(@full_file_list);
#
# Build the list of file names dates and size
#
$file_index = 0;

$check_file_index = 0;

while ($file_index < $number_files)
{
    #
    # Split the string into the various components into an array
    #

    if (1 == 1)
    {
        $check_file[$check_file_index] = $full_file_list[file_index];

        $check_file_index = $check_file_index + 1;
    }

    $file_index = $file_index + 1;
}

$number_file_index = $file_index;

#
# Process the file list
#

$compare_file_index = 0;

while ($compare_file_index < $number_actual_files)
{
    $compare_file_index = $compare_file_index + 1;
}

Thanks,
Andrew