Sorry for the bonehead question, but I have a hash called %p_mod. I want to make a copy of it and edit the copy so that %p_mod stays the same.

Currently, I'm creating %p_mod, writing

%custom = %p_mod;

to make a copy of %p_mod in %custom and then doing a bunch of stuff to %custom. However, when I then print out %p_mod using Data::Dumper, %p_mod has changed to reflect the changes in %custom.

What do I do to make an independent copy of %p_mod called %custom without having to generate two separate hashes at the same time?

Thanks
Hardly