Hi,

Sorry for the OT post.

I have been looking at CRM (customer relations management) packages
and the term LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP) keeps appearing. The
problem is that PHP is rather slow and perl or mod_perl would be a
far better choice. Yet I can't find anything that takes this
approach. I am not talk just about the applications (EG: SugarCRM)
but also books, everything is PHP based.

I have tried googling it and there is little returned. Are there any
resources that are worth looking at, or a project based on perl that
might give me a starting point. Is the only alternative to start from
scratch?

Any ideas/thought appreciated and again sorry if this is a bit of the
topic.
Dp.