Derek B. Smith schrieb:

> -- Andreas Puerzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snipped for brevity]

>>So, to the OP, if  you want to take input from your
>>program when run
>>inside Eclipse, you will need to fiddle with $|, due
>>to that
>>extra-buffering-layer. If you run it outside
>>Eclipse, there shouldn't be
>>a need to do so.
>

> Please review the online document for a clear
> explanation of $|.
>
> http://perl.plover.com/FAQs/Buffering.html

Ok, done so. Now I understand about line-buffering-mode (what I didn't
before, but, as I also said, I hadn't investigated further), thank you.
I still think that the only way to cope with this is to set $| to a true
value, or do you have another idea?

Kind Greetings,

Andreas Puerzer

--