[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> It showed that there is a bug. I already reported it.
>
> And I already replied ENOTABUG as promised ;-)
It's clear what the language should be doing in this situation and it isn't
doing it, so it's broken. It's only not a bug in the sense that it's
documented to be broken.
Rob

No, it is not "clear" what the language "should" be doing.

Of course it is. The operands of addition are evaluated from left to right; the
return value of a pre-increment is the value of the operand after it is
incremented; the return value of a post-increment is the value of the operand before it is incremented; and pre- and post-increments have a higher priority than additions. $a = 3; ++$a + $a++ _should_:
- increment $a to 4 and return 4
- increment $a to 5 and return 4
- add 4 and 4 and return 8 and it doesn't. It's broken.
*EXACTLY AS IN C* multiple assignments within an expression is
UNDEFINED behavior.

Yes. It's documented to be broken. Rob