On 10/27/2006 11:29 AM, C.R. wrote:
Perl 5.6.1 on Solaris

While storing a value to a dbm file (hash file) I get this error: "ndbm store returned -1, errno 28, key "11000-120" at excond.pl line 313, <INFILE> line 331."

I think I may have reached the limit to the amount of data I can store in a record. What is this limit? 2K? I don't think I have more than 1024 bytes in my record.

1024 > 1008

I do have ascii values 1, 2, and 9 in there, they are used as field separators and subfield separators. 9 is tab. Aren't any ascii values allowed in the data? This is how I'm opening the hash file: $dbfile="cond"; dbmopen(%data,"$dbfile",0666) || die "Could not open dbm file $dbfile. $!.";
$data{$key}=$s; # where $s contains my data

Thank you.

From "perldoc NDBM_File":

There are a number of limits on the size of the data that you can store
in the NDBM file.  The most important is that the length of a key, plus
the length of its associated value, may not exceed 1008 bytes.