On 10/30/06, Octavian Rasnita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to read a UTF-8 coded file, decode its html character entities,
and print it into another UTF-8 coded file.

The program works fine if I write the line:
$t++; last if $t > 200;

What is the largest value you can use, instead of 200, and still keep
your program working? Let's call that number N. My guess is that
you'll find some interesting data on line N+1 of your input file.

I'm not sure whether it's interesting data because it's mis-encoded
input, or whether Perl is mis-handling it; but maybe you'll be able to
deal with it once you know what it is. Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training