Hello All:
        We currently have a perl process that places our purchase orders
on our vendors' servers via ftp.  I am now working with a new vendor and
their requirement is for transfer via https rather than ftp.  Ftp allows
the entire exchange process to be initiated and run from our end.  We
establish the connection, change directories as needed, push (put) the
file(s) to the server, and disconnect the connection, leaving the vendor
to deal with the file on their own time frame from thereon out.
Is this scenario possible using http?  If this is possible, can someone
point me in a direction where I might get some insight into this and how
to begin?  If it's not possible, does anyone have any other options for
this type of client side initiated and controlled exchange?  I have
looked at several Perl books: Perl & LWP, Building Scalable Web Sites,
Programming Web Services with Perl, etc and everything I can see
indicates to me that the transaction needs to be initiated from what
would be the vendor's side (pull) rather than ours (push).  Any pointers
would be appreciated.

Paul King
[EMAIL PROTECTED]