Octavian Rasnita am Freitag, 24. November 2006 08:36:
> From: "D. Bolliger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Emacs / Xemacs can do that all;

[snipp]

> I have installed it, but it is very inaccessible for screen readers

Hello Teddy/Octavian

Can't help here since I'm without any win installation since 2000.

> and the
> keys combinations used are same complicated as under Unix.
> I don't even know what C-X C-F means. I have tried Control+C, Control+F,
> but nothing happend.

Control+X, Control+F (note the X not C) ?

> After opening a file using the menu options, I couldn't read
> anything using the arrow keys.

I don't know what you mean by "reading using the arrow keys" ?!?

I can't provide any help on installing/problems on windows.

Apologies for the off-topicness, my bad english and the lack of discriminating
argumentation: I'd like to try to write down some thoughts concerning
the "different philosophy/approach" in windows and *nix, (usage and
software).

Yes, the learning curve with many *unix style software (especially those with
a long history, emacs being one of them) is steeper.
   While (my personal opinion of course) the windows interpretation of "user
friendlyness" is "instanteously usable with minimal preparation", on *nix
it's more like "useful and very efficent in the long term" (although this
difference is getting smaller as linux distributions get more
mainstream/spread).

Once accustomed to the comfortable unnecessity of switching between keyboard
and mouse, or even using the mouse at all, you have a "swiss army knife" at
hands, allowing you to be very efficient and flexible. Having chosen
the "right" software (or problem solving strategy), you will hardly come into
the situation "oh, the requirements have changed in an unexpected manner, I
need a different software designed for this peculiar variant".

In short: For sombody not only casually using his PC, it's worth the initial
higher expediture. At least this is my personal experience.

Again, sorry for not being able to help you further and the off-topicness.

Dani