So any ideas about how to get:

  goto &CORE::return;

to work like it reads.

The suggestions you were given do exactly what you ask for. Obviously,
read 'goto &CORE::return()' differently from the rest of the list. So
instead of complaining, why don't you explain how you read it, instead
of simply repeating "work like it reads"?

Sorry if it came across as complaining, simply trying to clarify

I said thanks for the suggestions didn't I?

Also perhaps CORE::return is wrong, Ii shoudl have clarified that its was pseudo code better. So assuming '&return' is the perldoc -f goto '&NAME' that is necessary:

What I want to do is make it so that "goto &return;" : "exits the current subroutine (losing any changes
               set by local()) and immediately calls in its place the named
               subroutine using the current value of @_."
 - perldoc -f goto

I understand return is special (which is why I'm asking about it here ;p) and I understand the philosophies involved, I just want to know how it can be done if nothing else for a learning experience.

Definately sorry if I came across as anything but greatful and curious.