On 12/01/2006 08:46 PM, Ravi Malghan wrote:
Hi: is there a limit on number of files that can be open within perl. I am
opening about 194 files and am seeing some weird behaviour. When i write to the
filehandles, I see it writes ok to some files and not to the others. But I
donot see any errors either. Just that somefiles donot have what I am expecting.

If there is a limit, how do I work around it?

Thanks
Ravi

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Many others have given you solutions to your problem: increasing the ulimit and using the FileCache module.

I'm curious; why do you need to open so many files at the same time?