With all the help I've received I've been able to get this working.  This is my
text:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;
use WWW::Mechanize;
use HTML::TokeParser;

my $username = 'msnyder';
my $password = 'xxxxxxx';
my $status   = 'open';

my $agent = WWW::Mechanize->new();
$agent->get('https://rt.ops.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/');

$agent->submit_form(
        form_name => 'login',
        fields    => {
                'user' => $username,
                'pass' => $password,
        }
);

$agent->follow_link(text => "Tickets");

$agent->submit_form(
        form_name => 'BuildQuery',
        fields    => {
                'ValueOfStatus' => $status,
                'ValueOfActor'  => $username,
        },
        button    => 'DoSearch'
);

my $data = $agent->content();
print $data;

What this will do is return to me HTML source with a list of work tickets and
all pertinent, associated data.  The purpose of setting this up is to allow me
to pull out email addresses of any work ticket created as a result of spam.

For anyone not familiar with Request Tracker from Best Practical Solutions, the
'from' email address on any incoming email received by Request Tracker is
automatically turned into a user account.  With the amount of spam flying around
the the Net these days those user accounts add up.

All those spam tickets are assigned to me so I can eliminate them and the users
created as a result of them from our database.  My goal is to parse $data to
pull out all the email addresses which I will then sift through to remove any
legitimate addresses.

You'll notice I declare the use of HTML::TokeParser.  This leads to my next
question.  Do I need to use that?  Would it be simpler to just parse the data
matching against a regex and put any matches into a file?  I imagine I don't
need to sift through all the HTML tags just to get to the email addresses since
they are fairly easy to spot.

Mathew