From: "Dharshana Eswaran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Anyway .. if you run the main.pl it works, right?
>

> Yeah, mail.pl works
>
> If you run the created EXE in the same folder what does it do?
>

> The created EXE in the same folder works
>
> If you run it from a different folder?
>

> >From a different folder it flags a msg "Cannot open subroutine.pl"
> >which i
> have written in my main.pl like
> unless (open(LINE, "subroutine.pl")) {
>     die("Cannot open input file subroutine.pl\n");
>
> So, the die statement is executed.

You said you require() the other files, not that you try to open()
them!!!

Why do you open() the file???

The require() includes some special magic to find the files packed
into the EXE, open() doesn't. open() tries to open a file in the
current (or specified) folder, not within the EXE.

Are you sure you need to open() the subroutine.pl? Show us a little
more of the code!

I know PerlApp allows you to include some data files in the generated
executables and then extract them somewhere so that you can work with
them, but pp doesn't seem to do that.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery