Rob Dixon wrote:

With regard to 'Learning Perl' and 'Learning Perl on Win32 Systems', can anybody who has read either or both of these books comment on their
usefulness for an inexperienced programmer wishing to use Perl on a Windows
platform? I have read neither but know that Learning Perl is well reputed. It
would seem obvious to choose the Win32 volume, but I notice that the book is
now nearly ten years old.

All comments welcome. Thank you,

Thanks to all who responded to this: very interesting and useful. We will have a
new Perl recruit on our hands before long!

Rob