Oh, and another cool "feature" of perl is CPAN!

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: what's your most favourite feature of perl?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Just a simple survey. As a perl fan, I'd like know what's make you are so enthusiastic with perl. As for me, I vote the smart data structure design:)

I'd have to go back to my first experiences with perl to answer that (since then I've found a lot of different advantages). The thing which originally caused me to adopt perl for the sort of utility administrative scripts I do is the ease with which text can be parsed and manipulated.