Hi Madhur,

2006/12/28, Madhur Kashyap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi there,

Have a look at these two different implementations. IMPL2 works somehow.
The
problem I am facing is that the glob <$pat> does not return any value in
IMPL1 but it returns in IMPL2. Can somebody tell what could be the
problem.

I have also tried including the advanced glob module using

use File::Glob qw(:globally :case);

[snip]

First of all, I'd like to suggest you activate strict and warnings pragma.
It will help you to catch any mistakes you did. Another suggestion is using
the Getopt::Std or Getopt::Long modules, instead of writing your own
argument parser.

For resolving your file search problem, I suggest the File::Find or
File::Find::Rule modules instead. glob can give you headaches, and it
doesn't support regexes, just shell like substitution.

HTH

--
Igor Sutton Lopes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>