On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, David Gama Rodriguez wrote:

Reading all the thread, I'd like to comment that maybe Jaime problem is
that he must uninstall the perl version that came with gentoo:

That would probably be a bad idea, as Perl is essential to gentoo. And I
don't think there is a problem with having two Perls in the same box.
After all, the Perl Configure script is civilized: it detected the
original perl binary /usr/bin/perl and asked whether I would like to
have it replaced by the new one (which I didn't, of course).

Anyway, my setup works, as far as I can tell. The problem I mentioned is
either something very obvious for people who usually install from source
or else some detail in the developers league.

The symlink workaround does the job, but I still would like to know
whether I did something wrong...

Cheers.
--
Jorge Almeida