Lawrence Statton XE2/N1GAK wrote:
First -- your porgram is nowhere NEAR complete ... I see nowhere that
$to_address, $from_address, etc are populated.  Read the posting
guidelines and try again.

That being said, there are some glaring deficiencies that can be
pointed out even without the complete program.

In addition to Lawrence's excellent points, I might suggest using

 Mail::Sender::Easy

You can simply do

 email(\%hash_that_describes_the_email) or die $@;

where \%hash_that_describes_the_email lets you structure it however you need, including attachments of any sort in any disposition etc...

It will make your life muuuuch easier...