Before you asked us, you CERTAINLY did a search of CPAN for JPEG and

Info, right?  How did Image::MetaData::JPEG fail to meet your needs?

It's huge, it's complicated, and the documentation is hard to read,
but Image Magick (which comes with perl bindings) can do anything with
an image that can be done, including getting the info block out of a
JPEG.

        Lawrence Statton - [EMAIL PROTECTED] s/aba/c/g

Did YOU assume that the OP knew about CPAN. I know when I had my first
interest in Perl, I had NO IDEA of who or what CPAN was, let alone that it
existed!!!!

Shame on you for flaming on a *BEGINNER* mailing list. (Not that there have
been some exceptions...)