Mathew Snyder wrote:
Rob Dixon wrote:
Mathew wrote:
I have a file with a list of subfolders.  The list was created using dir
and each entry is like thus:

12/12/2005  04:38 AM    <DIR>          A Perfect Circle

I then created a simple script that I hoped would eliminate everything
prior to the last bit of text which follows the big space.
[snip]

Hi Mathew.

First of all, look at the output of

dir /ad /b "H:\My Music"

and see if it isn't closer to what you want!

For a minute I thought you were snooping around my box ;)

Well actually, when I saw you had some APC stuff... ;)

Actually, that is what I used to create the list of directories first.  It is
what gave me the long output that I listed earlier.

I don't think it is. Look more closely at the qualifiers I've used. You won't
get the output you've shown with /b. It's far better to get the data right in
the first place than use the wrong stuff and fix it.

Rob