Grrrrr ....  check syntax check syntax ;  lol ...

On 3/1/07, Bill Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

# A long winded approach might use
# (modified from FAQ 8) -

use IPC::Open3;

$_ = "I am the Alpha and the Omega (UT99 Player Xan)\n";
open(o, "cat $_");
print;

print "Hmmmm?\n";

That code will 'perl -c' checked out but still doesn't work because
it's not the
same example as before -- this is the same as original example

# A long winded approach might use
# (modified from FAQ 8) -

$_ = "Buffer testing\n";
open(o, "|cat");
print o $_;
# Buffer still in effect until close(), out of scope, or end of program...

Sorry!   (I suppose I should program more and play UT99 less  :-)
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x2A46CF06&fingerprint=on