On 3/6/07, Dr.Ruud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"John W. Krahn" schreef:
> Dr.Ruud:
>> John W. Krahn:
>>> Dr.Ruud:

snip
> perldoc perlop
>     -bareword is equivalent to "-bareword"

Yes, but under strict I expect a warning, like with:

  $ perl -Mstrict -wle 'my $x = -A; print $x'
  Use of uninitialized value in -A at -e line 1.
  Use of uninitialized value in print at -e line 1.

  $ perl -Mstrict -wle 'my $x = "-A"; print $x'
  -A

Yes, but then we would be flooded with Tk users complaining:

my $mw = MainWindow->new;
$mw->Label(
   -text => "This is some text"
)->pack;