On 3/7/07, Tom Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm curious... With all the buzz about MVC frameworks now, what does
Perl have for this? The only two that I'm aware of are Gantry and
Catalyst (Catalyst appears to be more complete)--are there others? And
which one would be considered the defacto standard (most widely used or
accepted)?

The Perl motto is "There's More Than One Way To Do It," and that
applies to web application frameworks as much as anything else. The
Perl attitude is quite different from, say, the Ruby community where
there is but One True MVC, and It is Rails. Catalyst probably has the
largest following, but it's far from being the "standard."

My personal favorite Maypole, which is the project Catalyst forked
from. It's a straight MVC with none of the built-in servers, "helper
scripts" and other nonsense that boggs MVCs built on the Rails model.

Best,

-- jay
This email and attachment(s): [  ] blogable; [ x ] ask first; [  ]
private and confidential

daggerquill [at] gmail [dot] com
http://www.tuaw.com  http://www.downloadsquad.com  http://www.engatiki.org

values of β will give rise to dom!