What exactly are you trying to achieve?
This is what I'm trying to do - and feel free to tell me I'm wasting my time if there's a better solution.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is to create some kind of ftp auto-reconnect feature. I have a few machines that will drop the ftp connection due to unknown reasons. So I figured I could monitor a connection and while that connection is active I'd send the files to the machine. If the connection dropped then I would cycle through the loop until it connected, then I would resend the file.

A kind of convoluted solution I'm sure but I can't seem to find anything else.

Matt