Hi All

I am updataing an application that includes a section which has a number
of strings created on a WEB page and escaped with Javascript escape before
being sent to a perl script. The original application had a custom
unescape function however I notice that this unescape function no longer
works. I spent quite a while last night searcing for a newr (better) way
of unescaping the strings.

Once escaped the strings look like the following

STD%uFFFDSTANDARD%uFFFD4%uFFFD4%FD1%uFFFD%uFFFD

What they should look like after unescaping is the following

STDýSTANDARDý4ý4ý3ýý

I have looked at URI::Escape and the unescape function and also Encode
with no success.

I woulod appreciate any assistance on a nice way of unescaping these strings.

Regards

Richard