To: "Vladimir Lemberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:54 PM
Subject: RE: capture stdin and stderr

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Lemberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 15:21
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: capture stdin and stderr

Hi All,

My script is calling a Win32 program with two arguments:

system ( "$ARGV[0]\\program.exe", $File::Find::name,
"$ARGV[0]\\source");

I want to capture STDOUT and STDERR from the program to log file

system ( "$ARGV[0]\\program.exe", $File::Find::name,
"$ARGV[0]\\source", 1>"$ARGV[0]\\log.txt", 2>&1 );

Compiler gave me syntax error. And for sure the problem with
this part: 1>"$ARGV[0]\\log.txt", 2>&1.

I was trying to double quote it and put commas but it didn't help.

Is there any way to accomplish this task under Win32 environment?
If using ActiveState, then see perlfaq8 and header How can I
capture STDERR from an external command?

If not AS, then reply back and I can that portion of the doc.

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir

This message contains information that is confidential and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates. It is intended only for the recipient named and for the express purpose(s) described therein. Any other use is prohibited.