D. Bolliger am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 07:56:
> Nath, Alok (STSD) am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 07:03:
> > Hi,
> > Before starting my problem I just want to thank all the active
> > members
> > who had literally mentored me in learning perl.
> >
> > I have bunch of this bash scripts which has lot of functions.
> > I wanted to call and use them in a perl script.I am not sure how
> > to do this.I did a cpan search but did not find anything
> > helpful.
> >
> > Any idea how to do this ?

[snipped my answer]

Again hello,

With "call them" you referred to the functions, not the scripts, as I realize
from the example you posted...

I'd learn something new if it is possible to call bash functions directly from
within perl :-)
(and you can't export bash functions to the parent process anyway)

I think you need to write some bash wrapper scripts that call your functions,
so that it is possible to call them [the wrapper scripts ;-)]
(and interact via stin/stout/stderr) from within perl.

Dani