Hello,

I would like to insert japanese characters into a MySql table, but it
just produces stange symbols.

In a nutshell, I would like to cut up a japanese html page in little
chunks and insert them into a database. I've no problem for reading the
page and printing the japanese characters on screen with the Encode
module, I just can't insert them properly.

Of course, the table uses the utf8 charset and utf8_unicode_ci coallition.
I've heard about patchs but they only works for reading.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks in advance,

Jb