On 4/20/07, John W. Krahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
You are omitting one critical argument.  For people who are stuck with older
versions of Perl and in your grep() example above the foreach expression
creates its list in memory which may cause the program to die if the list is
large enough while the C style for loop does not have this problem.
snip

I refuse to let the fact that some people cannot/will not upgrade
their copy of Perl affect how I code or advise others to code.  There
are still people who wrtie/maintain Perl4 scripts, should I not tell
people to use the strict pragma?  Even IBM is shipping a modern Perl
with AIX now.