On 4/26/07, Nath, Alok (STSD) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
        I am using perl which comes with RHEL distribution.
        I think the perl version is 5.8.5.

        I am not seeing any modules specific for message logging.
        Does it have any ?

        I am prohibited from installing any modules on top of my RHEL.

Thanks
Alok

The Sys::Syslog* module is part of core Perl.  It  is an interface to
the C function syslog which writes to the system logger (think
/var/log/messages).

http://perldoc.perl.org/Sys/Syslog.html