To: "Vladimir Lemberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: Win32 script cannot read command line argument.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Lemberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 14:01
To: beginners@perl.org

Hi All,

My script is unable to read argument when I'm executing it
as: script.pl <argument>.
However, when I'm running it as: perl script.pl <argument> -
it works fine.

I did associate perl scripts with Perl as explained in
ActivePerl-Winfaq4.htm
All my scripts, which doesnt require any arguments works file.
Your folder assocation looks like:

"C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe" "%1" %*
If like this, then should be working. Been using this for what
seems like forever.

I have WinXP with Service Pack 2.

All appriciate any help to resolve it.

Thanks,
Vladimir

 Wags ;)
David R Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst
FedEx Freight
1.408.323.4225x2224 TEL
1.408.323.4449           FAX
http://fedex.com/us

This message contains information that is confidential and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates. It is intended only for the recipient named and for the express purpose(s) described therein. Any other use is prohibited.