Tom, Yes this works for my problem*your solution is quick and
eloquent*thanks*

I would be interested in a reference for PID monitoring for cases where
we have more that one *identical* spawned process to consider*

Thanks,

Steve

On 4/26/07, Steve Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to spawn a kornshell script

Well, nobody's perfect.

> - track the PID - and restart the script if the PID is destroyed.
Can anyone
> point me to a Perl reference for this?

Do you really need to track the PID?

  while (1) {
    # restart the ksh script
    system $ksh_command;
  }

Does that do what you need? You could cook up a fancier solution with
fork, but I can't immediately see why you'd need to.

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training