On 5/9/07, Jeff Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
But still has a question for me.We may see this similiar destroy method on DBI
class,

sub DESTROY
{
    my $self = shift;
    my $dbh = $self->{'dbh'};
    if ($dbh) {
        local $SIG{'__WARN__'} = sub {};
        $dbh->disconnect();

Ok where in child when going out of scope the $dbh should get disconnected.
But why this would affect the $dbh in parent?As we know,when forking child get a
full copy of $dbh from parent and it's separate to parent's $dbh.
snip

But the connection information in the $dbh is the same, so when the
child disconnects it tells the MySQL server to destroy the connection.
This means that the parent loses its connection unexpectedly.