-----Original Message-----
>From: Chas Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>The solution:
>
>Setting a flag (InactiveDestroy) on the parent's handle inside the
>child process prevents the automagic closing of the connection.
>
>* the magic in this case is the DESTROY method of DBI::db

Using InactiveDestroy flag seems a standard way since this module's author
provide this flag.
But it's maybe bring some problems when the applications are large enough,and
it's not the fact that every programmer would disconnect their dbh connections
in time.For example,consider the case programs were run under modperl and
without Apache::DBI,using this flag would possibly make lots of db connections
to database and consume db's socket source quickly.
Then for me I would maybe consider another way of creating its own dbh in child
after fork.
Hope I'm right,:)

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]