Date sent:              Mon, 07 May 2007 19:19:52 -0200
From:                   Nisse Tuta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     beginners@perl.org
Subject:                complex sort

> Hi All,
>
> I am having big problems solving this sorting issue and would really
> appreciate any help on this.
>
> I have a list with each row containing 3 numbers(Run In Out).
>
> For example,
> R01 13 19
> R01 25 30
> R01 23 47
> R01 2 14
> R02 2 45
> R02 55 60
> R01 1 17
> R03 45 66
> R03 20 35
> and so on......
>
> I would like to go through these and check for any overlapping numbers
> at both In and Out and replacing either the in out or both if
> overlapped. And any cuts/breaks in each run will add a count.

Sorry? What's the requested result for the example above?!?

When checking for the overlapping numbers for In and Out you only
want to check those records with the same Run? And the Runs are not
sorted in any way in the source data?

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery