Hello Tom!
Hello All!

You helped a lot Tom. Still... I have some trouble.

For sure $^I is easier to use. Although in my case i would need to rewrite a
lot of code. I will do it, but it will take a while to test it. I found good
information on $^I at
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq5.html#How-can-I-use-Perl%27s-%27-i%27-option-from-within-a-program%3F

I found some information for seek() at
http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/seek.html

I tryed to use seek but it did not work. Can you help me on that, please? I
am using Windows XP. The following example writes at the end of the file.

use strict;
my $file = "teste_rw.txt";
open (FILE, "+<", $file) or die "Can not open $file: $!.";
for my $line (<FILE>) {
    print $line;
    seek(FILE, 0, 1);
    print FILE "b\n";